I am an award winning Designer and Researcher with 5 years experience in product and service design. My focus is on the intersection of design, technology, and human experience. With a decade of facilitation experience, and teaching expertise in design, I'm an active educator and team builder. I hold a Masters of Design from Emily Carr University.
I start every project or engagement building trust. I listen to my client, stakeholders, and users. This foundation builds knowledge of the space for me in order to form a perspective, identify assumptions (my own, the clients, the customers), and to build a research plan involving purpose of inquiry, tools, methods, and timelines. I employ a co-design approach as much as possible, inviting clients and end users to participate in research and design activities. I craft interview guides that probe individual experience, values, and tactical functionally. With a background in design (from physical products, to digital experiences and services) I am invested not only in fundamental understanding of human experience, but how that informs critical product decisions, so that the most relevant, helpful, and delightful designs are implemented.
- Vancouver UX Awards, Finalist, Student Project for Masters Thesis, 2016
- Core77 Design Awards 2015, Professional Notable, for platFORM
- Core77 Design Awards 2014, Student Notable, for Kids + Food
- Entrance Scholarship, Emily Carr University of Art + Design, Masters of Design 2016
- SIM Center Research Fellow, Emily Carr University of Art + Design, 2014-2015
- Scotiabank PLATFORM Program for Emerging Entrepreneurs: Launch Academy Scholarship
- CIBC YouthVision Scholarship